Patent-Protected IN CANADA And USA
Smart-software configured to monitor, report and archive plow blade position data. Broadcasts to external GPS/AVL Telematics software and devices.
Connects to air-piloted values, uses air-triggered signals to accurately provide plow position information to GPS/AVL Telematics. (Electric over hydraulic also available)
Broadcasts continuous and calculated input to the GPS/AVL Telematics during active plowing; readings taken directly from air-piloted valves in real-time. No downtime for maintenance and repairs.
Weather-Proof, Tamper-Proof, Mess-Proof
Enclosed, in-cab solution; not dependent on hydraulic pressure sensors/proximity switches typically exposed to dirt and inclement weather, prone to damage, and easily bypassed.
Winter Service Vehicles
- Dump trucks
- Spreaders and Graders
- Pick up trucks
- Snow sweepers
- Front-end loaders and backhoes
- Front plow
- Wing plow
- Tow Plow
- Tow Trailer
- Underbody scraper
- Rotary broom
- Windrow Blade
Continuous Position Monitoring
Constant 12 VDC output connects to external GPS/AVL Telematics, broadcasting blade positioning and status in real-time, at all times.
No mess. In-cab device, sealed and protected from adverse weather, exposure to fluids, grit or grime.
Inside Out Warranty
2-year Warranty for components inside and out.
1-year Warranty for installation by DiCAN certified technicians.
In Cab Installation
Patent-protected technology enclosed in high-grade Stainless Steel or rugged ABS, swivel 90 degree connectors allow for small footprint inside the driver cockpit.
Self-contained device with push-to-lock pneumatic connectors make for fast installation and reliable connection to existing air lines.
Sure To Fit
The most complete solution suitable for a variety of plow blade and every class of winter control vehicle.
Expanded safety net by connecting multiple blades, plow accessory kits, and dash cameras with DVRs.
Facilitates greater flexibility for variations in the mechanical operation of plow blades, UP/DOWN thresholds within 0.1 sec increments.
Made In Canada
Ensures total quality control over manufacturing and guarantees the use of genuine parts. Highly responsive to the need for fleet customization.
|STANDARD FEATURES||Plow Pilot™||i - Plow Pilot™||j - Plow Pilot™|
|Plow Controls||Air over hydraulics||Air over hydraulics||Joystick Electric over hydraulics|
|Ability to broadcast to third party GPS/AVL Telematics||✔||✔||✔|
|Integrated smart-software inside capable of activating pneumatic triggers||✔|
|GPS/AVL Telematics provider capable of activating pneumatic triggers||✔|
|Manual activation of pneumatic triggers||✔|
|Capable of latching, maintaining, feathering||✔||✔|
|Capable of switching + or – ground voltages||✔||✔|
|Adjustable time delays for feathering (0.1 sec increments)||✔||Handheld Device||Manual|
|Internally fused control circuit for current protection||✔|
|Default “UP” upon vehicle ignition||✔||✔||✔|
|LED status indicators (UP/DOWN)||✔||✔|
|Stainless Steel housing||✔|
|Rugged ABS housing||✔||✔|
|OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES||Plow Pilot™||i - Plow Pilot™||j - Plow Pilot™|
|Plow Connection Assembly||✔||✔||✔|
What's In The Box
All Kits contain:
- Plow Pilot™ Blade Position Reporting Module
- Prewired with 5’ of loomed, colour-coded cable
- 1/8”, 3/16”, 5/32” or ¼” tubing to connect each plow position lever*
- Full-colour Installation Guide with wiring schematics and photos
*Not included in with the Joystick Electric over hydraulic series of Plow Pilot™ devices
Models & Part #:
|# Positions Reporting||Front Plow Up/Down||Wing Plow Up/Down||Tow Plow Up/Down||Tow Trailer Deployed/Retracted|
|PPSA-4R + PPSA-4RT||8||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|i - Plow Pilot™|
|j - Plow Pilot™|
(Di-FCD-1) Flight Controller
(Di-3PBAP) Annunciator Panel
(Di-PCA-2) Plow Connection Assembly
U.S. Patent No.: 9,518,376 CDN Patent No.: 2,909,048
Frequently Asked Questions
An in-cab device that receives pneumatic inputs directly from operator’s control levers. The Plow Pilot™ acts as a co-pilot in snow plow blade actuation; it’s always aware of and reporting plow blade positioning in real-time to GPS/AVL Telematics.
Unlike hydraulic pressure switches and proximity sensors, the Plow Pilot™ is
• installed inside the truck’s cab, therefore it is not exposed to extreme weather conditions, prone to build up of dirt, or damage caused by collision or accident.
• a tamper-proof self-contained device; enclosed in stainless steel or rugged ABS housing. There are no external components that can be deliberately bypassed by operators.
• controlled by air and not prone to failure caused by “stiction”.
• not required to be disconnected when removing other winter control components.
• always reporting.
• a more cost-effective solution to winter control operations; no downtime for repairs, no moving parts that deteriorate and require replacement.
How do I know which Plow Pilot™ device to choose for my fleet needs?
• Choose a Plow Pilot™ based on your type of vehicle (light or heavy duty) and plow control mechanism (joystick electric over hydraulic or air over hydraulic).
• If light duty/joystick electric over hydraulics, simply choose the j - Plow Pilot™ that suits your required number of plow positions. PPSA-2-JEH or PPSA-4-JEH
• If heavy duty/air over hydraulics, and your GPS/AVL provider IS NOT capable of activating pneumatic triggers, then you require the i - Plow Pilot™ device which contains integrated smart-software inside; PPSA - 4E
• and your GPS/AVL provide IS capable of activating pneumatic triggers, then simply choose the Plow Pilot™ that suits your required number of plow positions. PPSA -2R, PPSA – 4R, PPSA – 4RT, PPSA – 6R, PPSA – 6RT
The Plow Pilot™ is a self-contained module housed in a stainless steel or rugged ABS enclosure. There are no external moving parts and the operator has no access to software components inside the housing. Push-to-Connect Y and/or T connectors are supplied for each air valve control; locking air tubing in place to prevent accidental disconnection.
The Plow Pilot™ is a self-contained device installed inside the truck’s cab, therefore it is not exposed to extreme weather conditions or potential for damage caused by collision or accident. Since there are no external components, like hydraulic pressure switches or proximity sensors, the Plow Pilot™ is not prone to build up of dirt, fluids or debris. The device’s external wiring is loomed for extra protection and tidy cord management.
By connection directly to the vehicle’s air-piloted values, the Plow Pilot™ uses the same air-triggered signals that actuate the plow blades to accurately provide plow position information.
No. The Plow Pilot™ does not compromise any functionality of the controls, it simply “piggy-backs” off the air lines that control the movement of the blades.
The Plow Pilot™ can accommodate a number of plow conditions; continuously reporting multiple blades and various positions at the same time. See Available Products, Models & Part # Chart for more details .
We stand firmly by our products and services; our reputation demands it. To reflect our confidence in the reliability of our fleet safety products, we offer peace of mind with your purchase:
2-year Components Warranty: inclusive of contents inside + outside the module housing; software, circuits, solder joints, control board, external cables, connectors
1-year Installation Warranty: inclusive of workmanship when modules and components are installed by DiCAN certified technicians
When reporting blade positions, the Plow Pilot™ has the programming capability to consider several mechanical factors that affect blade positioning. Depending on the device, fleet specific adjustments and programming can be accommodated by factory pre-set with minimum order quantity, or by manual control or handheld Flight Controller. Please provide us with more details in the Request a Quote page.