Work With Us
Our service reputation is second-to-none. But our people are our best assets.
We serve our customers with integrity and outstanding technical support.
Automotive Installation Technician
Do you have a mechanical mindset and solid understanding of electronics or computer programming applications? We are growing and looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team of field technicians.
Our technicians install and configure all types of light + heavy-duty commercial vehicle safety products; telematics (GPS/AVL), camera systems with monitors and recording devices, winter maintenance components, radar and ultrasonic obstacle detection devices, sensors, collision avoidance systems and related products. Mechanical installation of sensors may require appropriate vehicle modification for mounting and cable routing. In addition to installations, technicians may also diagnose, repair and test harware and software systems, apply software configurations for sensors.
Skills + Requirements
- 3+ years hands-on experience in vehicles, security, electrical or construction installation (can include radio installations/automotive apprenticeships).
- Knowledge of and experience with automotive 12VDC and 24VDC electrical wiring .
- Mechanical aptitude with strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with installation of wiring harnesses.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or Grade 12 equivalency. Post secondary education in electronics, or other related fields an asset.
- Valid G2 driver license with clean abstract.
- Willingness to travel daily with some overnight stays.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Eagerness to learn, show initiative.
- Ability to work safely, maintain a clean and organized workspace free of hazards.
- Trustworthy, ability to present a positive and professional image of the company.